Wednesdays are a treat at Torquay when we have Fun Lunches. These affordably-priced meals from Subway, Pizza Hut, White Spot and Thrifty Foods sushi are ordered in advance and delivered directly to the school. Skip packing lunch on Wednesdays and order a Fun Lunches instead!
How can I order Hot Lunches?
We will be doing online ordering for all orders to ensure accuracy with the orders and to make the process as easy as possible. Online ordering includes Subway, Pizza Hut and Thrifty Foods.
The online order system requires a small amount of setup time at the beginning as you must register each child you have attending our school prior to ordering fun lunch. Once the initial setup process is complete, your lunch orders for the remainder of the year should be quick and simple.
Here's how to get started...
- Go to torquay.hotlunches.net
- Click on "Click Here to Register" on the right sidebar
- Enter Access Code THL
- Complete the rest of the registration form including your email address will ensure you receive reminder emails about fun lunch order deadlines, and your child's fun lunch order for the upcoming week.
- Click the "Register Now" button at the bottom
- Follow the instructions to add each child in your family who attends Torquay Elementary
- Once your child(ren) are registered, click on "Orders"
- Proceed to order fun lunch for your child(ren)
If you are a returning Torquay Family, you will have to set up an account again as classroom teachers and divisions have changed from the previous year.
We only accept fun lunch order payments through PayPal - but you can complete your purchase on PayPal using a credit card.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Sorry! We contact vendors weeks in advance and cannot offer refunds for missed days.
Yes. The software we use - hotlunches.net - only allows payments by PayPal. However, you can complete your purchase on PayPal using a credit card.
In most cases, no. We contact vendors weeks in advance and cannot change orders on the fly. Contact Tuire at S_Tammilehto@hotmail.com if you would like to try a cancellation anyway.
Yes. All profit from the Fun Lunch program goes to the Torquay PAC to support initiatives for children at the school.