Is your child interested in Swim Club?
Come out and swim with the Torquay Tiger Sharks on Monday November 4 or 18. Attend this lesson for free – there is no need to register, just show up and try it out!
Location: McKinnon Gym, UVic
Time: Monday, November 4, 3:15 – 4:00 pm
Torquay Swim Club 2019-2020
Torquay is excited to once again partner with Pacific Coast Swimming for Swim Club!
F.A.S.T. stands for Friends Achieving Skills Together. The program gives the students swimming skills, endurance in the water, teamwork, fitness and fun!
The program includes school team shirts, pool time, coaching, four competitions, prizes and certificates. Swim club is open to students in grades K – 5. Participants must be able to swim 25 meters and be comfortable in the water without an instructor in the pool with them.
The season will begin the week of October 21.
Tentative F.A.S.T Meet Dates (Hosted at Saanich Commonwealth Place):
- Sunday November 24th 9:30am - 1 pm
- Sunday December 15th 9:30am - 1pm
- Sunday January 19th 9:30am- 1 pm
- Sunday March 1st 9:30am - 1pm
Winter Break begins the week of December 16th, season resumes week of January 6th, 2020.
Final practices will be held the last week of February, 2020.
Program Location: UVic McKinnon Pool
Time: Mondays - 3:15 – 4:00
Cost: $90.00 per student for one practice session per week
* Parents are responsible for their child outside of the scheduled swim practice. This includes transportation to the pool, change room supervision, and pickup.
*Students must bring swim goggles, towel and appropriate swimwear to each practice.
If your child is interested in joining swim club you must register online.
How to register:
- Go to www.pacificcoastswimming.com
- Click on Online Registration on the left hand side, and click Create Account on the top right.
- Once your account is created, under Program Info/ Registration , and choose FAST School League , and your school. Follow the prompts (ignoring credit card information) and you will be emailed a confirmation.
The F.A.S.T meets consist of:
- 25m of each Free, Back, Breast, Fly and Kick a 50m Free and 4x25m relay
- A certificates for each swimmer at each F.A.S.T. meet
- Ribbons at the F.A.S.T. Championship meet
- A treat for all participants at the end of each meet
Swim meets will begin with a warm-up at 9:30am, and races will start at 10am. Please have your swimmer on deck, ready to swim before 9:30am. Packing extra towels and water for the race day is always a great idea. Parents will be asked
to cheer on their swimmers from the bleachers, as the pool deck gets crowded with the swimmers and coaches. Please help the coaches encourage the swimmers to try all 5 events during the race day!
If you want more information about Pacific Coast Swimming, and how to join our team, please check out our website: https://www.pacificcoastswimming.com
We hope to see you at the pool!
School FAST Program Coordinator Team
Pacific Coast Swimming - A Family of Champions
Ms. Leann Trenchard
(250) 818- 5352